Friday, May 13, 2016

Not letting perfect stand in the way of good!

Welcome to the first blog post!

I was tasked by my laurel ( teacher and mentor in my re-enactment group) to start a blog for my sewing and research projects. I was reluctant to do this thinking that there are a million blogs out there and mine will be just one of the multi million that are floating around in cyber space, always half finished and not really very reliable. To be fair it is completely plausible that this blog will always be half finished because I will never know everything thing about the topics that interest me but.....but I do have some useful information and I love to take photos and this seems to be a good combination for a blog. So here we go...

WHAT YOUR GOING TO FIND HERE:

Here is what you can expect.

#1 Research-
  • I am a research junkie and thus I really enjoy sharing what I find with others. I do not abide by this idea that information should be hoarded away while others are desperatly trying to stumble along the path behind you. I will be posting my research, some of it my be very theoretical and subjective but it will be available for you to read and decide for your self what your thoughts are on the same data that I am using.
#2 Creativity-
  • I am a very proud member of the Society for Creative Anachronism. I believe that it is important to be able to use your creativity to understand what it is that we are researching. Now the caveat to that statement is that I do not believe that we should use the excuse of "creativity" for sloppy/ lazy research or recreation attempts.
#3 Failure-
  • I think this point is the most important one. I am really bad about allowing the desire to be "perfect" keep me from even getting to the point of being "good" Let us not do this! I will be showing you all my attempts, theories, trials,errors,successes and failures in recreating the items that I am researching. I will be working threw my experiments and showing you the process along the way. This part of my blog is to help me to remember that no one became a master over night.

WHAT YOU ARE NOT GOING TO FIND HERE:

Politics( SCA OR MUNDANE)
Shaming
Plagiarism


If these are things that you are interested in and you have the mind to read through my rambling sentences then please follow along.

In service to my dream and yours!
All my best:
Rannvaeig



No comments:

Post a Comment